THE FODMAP CHALLENGE
HBPL Pty Ltd ABN 93 612 522 540 trading as The FODMAP Challenge (“FODMAP Challenge”, “us”, “we”, “our”), complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) and the applicable Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act when handling personal information, together with the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW) (“HRIP Act”) (or such other State legislation as may apply in relation to health information at the time of collection) and the applicable Health Privacy Principles in the HRIP Act when handling personal information which is health information.
We take the protection of your personal information seriously. Personal information includes any information or opinion, whether true or not, about a person who is identified or whose identity can reasonably be established.
We collect personal information for the purposes of delivering our products and services. We may collect information through our website www.fodmapchallenge.com (“Website”), or in the course of providing our services in person, verbally and/or in writing from time-to-time.
We collect personal information:
- from our customers – when they register an enquiry, request an assessment for the purposes of nutritional counselling, purchase a nutritional or other health plan or associated package, purchase an eBook, or otherwise in the course of providing our services at any other time from time-to-time;
- when we receive enquiries through the Website and when the Website is otherwise accessed or used;
- when we receive enquiries via email; and
- from third party service providers – when they are engaged to supply services to us (such as professional services), provide information to us or invoice us for the provision of services.
The kind of personal information we may collect will depend on who you are (e.g. a client or third party service provider) and the nature of your interaction with us, and may include your full name, email address, age, weight, and any medical conditions or allergies/intolerances, billing information and other personal information. If you do not provide us with all the information we request, we may not be able to deliver our services.
Some personal information we collect may include health information as defined in the HRIP Act. We collect health information from customers for the purposes of providing nutritional counselling and associated nutritional plans.
This enables us to safely, appropriately and accurately provide our services and assess the needs of our customer in the provision of our services and to generally assist in optimising the quality of our service.
In all cases, unless you have opted out, you consent to us using your personal information (excluding health information) for direct marketing purposes in order to tell you about our services. We may contact you by mail, telephone, email or SMS to market our products and services. We will always give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving any future direct marketing correspondence.
We comply with the Health Privacy Principles in the HRIP Act in the collection, use and disclosure of all health information. We collect your health information:
- from our customers when they request an assessment for the purposes of nutritional counselling, and/or purchase a nutritional plan or associated package;
- as necessary for the provision of our services, but only as necessary for the provision of our services, or as otherwise in accordance with your consent, or as may be required by law including Court order;
- only from you (or from someone authorised by you) (including your caregiver if you have one);
- with accuracy, on the basis that you may at any time request a copy of the health information that we hold by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event our records are found to be inaccurate, we will rectify any inaccuracies on the basis of the further information you provide.
Disclosure and sharing:
Data security and quality:
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we collect and hold from misuse, loss and interference and from unauthorised access and modification, and to make sure it is accurate, complete and up-to-date when we collect, use or disclose it.
To assist us, please ensure you provide us with your correct details, and let us know if you believe the information we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date or misleading (and we will take reasonable steps to correct the information). We may take steps to destroy or permanently de-identify information when it is no longer needed for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed. We may retain and use de-identified information.
Our Website: www.fodmapchallenge.com
You can modify your browser to prevent cookie use – but if you do this our service (and our Website) may not work properly. The information stored in the cookie is used to identify you. This enables us to operate an efficient service and to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our Website.
Access, correction and complaints:
You can request, and we will provide you with access to, any personal information we hold about you (including any health information) (subject to any applicable legal exceptions). Please also let us know if you have any concerns or complaints about the way we are handling your personal information so we can address them. Requests should be submitted by email to: email@example.com. Where our records are found to be inaccurate, we will promptly rectify any inaccuracies on the basis of the further information you provide.
Transfer in certain circumstances:
If there is a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganisation or liquidation of us then, in our sole discretion, we may transfer, sell or assign personal information collected to one or more relevant third parties.
For further information on your privacy rights go to: www.privacy.gov.au
For further information on the HRIP Act, go to: